Depression can hit anyone of any age. Sometimes, your life may have all the things you desire, but still, you get an unexplained feeling of sadness, which takes control of your whole mind and you can’t think straight. You stop doing your daily routine things, start avoiding people so as to hide your real feelings and things keep piling up. It is a known fact that de-cluttering your surroundings can actually help you de-clutter your mind as well. Here are 20 before and after photos of bedrooms of people who took control of their depression and cleaned them finally. Kudos to them! We hope this inspires others to get cleaning.
1 After several months this person decided to clean their bedroom, and it took three whole days to get clear
2. Bullying from the age of 7 leading to social anxiety (at 13 years) and multiple suicide attempts made this man severely depressed for most of his life. Only when he discovered a dead mouse and roaches, he felt the need to clear his room. But conquering this small battle of cleaning his room, made him feel like he is a winner.
3. This 19-year-old finally decided to defeat her depression and donate 80% of her belongings including old toys, clothes, and books. We are proud of you, you little fighter!
4. When this homeowner finally got his home in order, it looked so beautiful
5. This is exactly what taking care of your mental health looks like
6. This bedroom was cleaned for the 1st time in 2 years
7. Severely clogged depression nest looks neat after being cleaned
8. This is the dark and bright side of depression, took a whole week to get cleared
9. The state of your habitat can severely affect your mental state
10. Looks like depression has lost this battle, and happiness has won, this is a 19-year-old girl’s room
11. The simple act of clearing the mess in your house can bring you immense peace, try it
12. This person was grieving his mother’s passing away, didn’t even realize what a mess he was creating. dealing with this mess, eventually helped him get over the grief
13. He is winning this battle against depression with one step at a time
14. Starting small, but starting somewhere is important
15. Spring looks so much prettier in a clean bedroom
16. A good example of living with and without depression before and after
17. After 5+ years, this is what overcoming depression looks like
18. After receiving proper medication, this kid finally realized the mess she had created for herself
19. Getting your room together means getting your mind together
20. It seems hard to do, but determination will always get you there