Annie Wang is an internationally known photographer. She is from Taipei City, Taiwan. With being a photographer she is also a mother. She wanted to do something different and beyond all the same stuff every mother does. “My artistic strategies are based on self-representation. In the world of mothers where everything is hidden, the best way to speak out is through the strategy of self-representation, to express various parts of the self. I, as a woman and a mother, have tried to actively create my own self, instead of being passively interpreted by a male artist, as is traditional,” she told Bored Panda.
It was really thoughtful of her to create the 17-year documentation of her son growing up. She, in her series ‘The Mother As A Creator” showed the mixture of a mother and an artist portraying the pictures of her son growing up. 17-year documentation is really heartwarming.
More Info: Annie Wang
Here are the pictures she portrayed in her documentation:
1. This picture was taken in 2001, one day before she was due to give birth.
2. This picture was taken the next year in 2002 where Anne and her son is seen Pressing the camera shutter together.
3. The next picture was taken in 2003 when her son’s leg was in plaster.
4. The next picture was taken in 2004 with a Christmas tree.
5. The next picture was taken in 2005 while setting up the exhibition.
6. The sixth picture was taken in 2006 with which she wrote ‘working hard.’
7. The next picture was taken in 2010 with which she wrote ‘moving and uncertain.’
8. The next picture was taken in 2011 with which she wrote ‘making dreams.’
9. The other picture was taken in 2014 with which she wrote ‘same height.’
10. The tenth picture was taken in 2018 with which she wrote ‘arguing for freedom.’
11. And the best of all.
12. And the last picture.